Economic expansion in Cameroon is accelerating, and we predict that real GDP grow will be 4.6% in 2014. The country's economy will outperform its Central African peers, averaging 4.8% growth between 2014 and 2018.
Faltering oil production and high import demand will cause Cameroon's current account deficit to widen to 6.0% in 2014. We expect the shortfall to remain relatively stable over the coming years.
High spending on capital projects will keep the country's fiscal deficit wide. The shortfall could expand rapidly if the government is unable to control spending on costly fuel subsidies.
The Banque des ةtats de l'Afrique Centrale cut its core interest rate by 250 basis points to 3.25%. While we do not expect that the cut will have a significant impact on the regional economy, further loosening is likely in 2014.
Full Report Details at
Key Risks To Outlook
Escalating violence in the Central African Republic poses a threat to Cameroon's eastern province. We believe that the government will succeed in preventing a major breakdown of political authority, but a larger-than-expected influx of refugees could destabilise the region.
New oil discoveries could lead to a significant change to our balance of payments and government revenue forecasts.
The Cameroon Country Risk Report helps businesses with market assessment, strategic planning and decision making to promote growth and profitability in Cameroon. It is an essential tool for CEOs, Chairmen, Finance Directors/CFOs, Managing Directors, Marketing/Sales Directors with commercial interests in this emerging market.
An influential new analysis of Cameroon's economic, political and financial prospects through end-2019, just published by award-winning forecasters, BMI Research.
* Forecast the pace and stability of Cameroon's economic and industry growth through end-2019.
* Identify and evaluate adverse political and economic trends, to facilitate risk mitigation.
* Assess the critical shortcomings of the operating environment that pose hidden barriers and costs to corporate profitability.
* Contextualise Cameroon's country risks against regional peers using BMI's country comparative Risk Index system.
* Evaluate external threats to doing business in Cameroon, including currency volatility, the commodity price boom and protectionist policies.
The Cameroon Country Risk Report by BMI Research includes three major sections: Economic Outlook, Political Outlook and Operational Risk.
How will the Cameroon' economic policy-making and performance impact on corporate profitability over 2015-2019?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Zambia Country Risk Report Q4 2015
- Chile Country Risk Report Q4 2015
- Cote d'Ivoire Country Risk Report Q4 2015
- Pakistan Country Risk Report Q4 2015
- Kuwait Country Risk Report Q4 2015
"Cameroon Country Risk Report Q4 2015" now available at Fast Market Research
Contact Name: Bill Thompson
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 1-413-485-7001